[thelist] NS6 radio buttons bug

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Tue Mar 27 18:39:11 CST 2001

> collection of radio
> elements includes *all* of the radio elements, not just the
> checked ones, so
>     Without going to the effort to skim through the ECMAScript
> documentation, I would say that this has to be buggy behavior
> -- a matter of
> the "checked" value being updated out of sync with the
> onclick event. It's

yah, after seeing the code:

if (document.form1.elements[i].checked == true) {
alert(document.form1.elements[i].value)
}

I'd agree, I's just thinking aloud before having the facts.

(and I'd argue the convention of rolling through the entire form when you're
looking for the checked value of a radio button)

but yah, a bug
sgd