[thelist] Banner Ads

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Wed Mar 28 17:35:03 CST 2001

Hey Chris -

Chris Evans wrote:

> developers, or Java developers, or doctors, or job-seekers.  I won't be able
> to target 25-35 year old females who make between $25,000-$35,000 a year.

doh! ;)

> I can handle the banner rotation and tracking ( its another of the products
> we sell), but have no idea how to price or find advertisers.

A couple links I've got stashed away pertaining to advertising/banner

Good list of articles from around the web related to web marketing:
http://www.wilsonweb.com/webmarket/ad-pricing.htm

A bit old, but page 2 lists the average CPM for the last year or
so..(formerly AdKnowledge)
http://www.engage.com/company/oar_docs/oar_3rdqtr00.pdf

have some decent 'reports', watch out for flying buzzwords:
http://www.adrelevance.com
http://www.jup.com

Hope that helps...

.djc.