[thelist] Element K Journals?

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Thu Mar 29 11:34:35 CST 2001

CDitty wrote:

> I think we had these at my last job.  Roughly $130/yr for about a 7 sheet
> newsletter.  If it is the one I am thinking of, then no, they are not worth
> it.  In my opinion that is.  :)

That jibes with my own experience. I've tried a few of them out (get a free
issue! no risk!) and what they amount to is a smattering of articles with
some good tips.

Compared to the online communities for the various apps they cover, they
really are paltry in terms of content. Some might even say that charging
*so* much for *so* little is a ripoff.

Still, if you *must* get PhotoShop tips monthly on paper, I guess someone
might like them.

Their site is:
    http://www.elementkjournals.com/

YMMV.