[thelist] How to NOBR? / Evolt search

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 29 14:06:30 CST 2001

> From: Beau Hartshorne <beau at hothousemarketing.com>
>
> The <nobr> tag is deprecated. So what's the new way of ensuring phone
> numbers and the like stay on the same line?

don't put them at the end of the line?

seriously, it's deprecated, as as 'nowrap' for <td>s... but you know
that... which means if you are going to use it, you are prepared to
pay the consequences, whatever they may be... but since IE and
NN still both support it, i'd say to use it for now... at least until the
CSS version gets support...

> As a side note, I think that an improved search feature for this list
> would help to eliminate duplicate questions. Is is in the works?

yeah, the search is rough... it generally does the trick for me,
though... i also have a habit of searching my own mail archives
first... but i've also been on this list for... well.. ever...