[thelist] How do I automate the filling in of a Web page/form?

Hugh Blair hblair at bigfoot.com
Fri Mar 30 00:32:51 CST 2001

I already have the data in an XML file.  Since that can be parsed, why
move it into a database?  Are you going somewhere I don't understand?

> 2.  What type of data is on the user files?

<XML file snip>
---------------------
<Name>Elder, Bob</Name>
<AccountNumber>2</AccountNumber>
<DateofBirth>
  <Date>02/25/1940</Date>
</DateOfBirth>
<Sex>
  <Code>M</Code>
</Sex>
<Address>
  <Street>12345 Federal Way</Street>
  <City>Westlake Village</City>
  <State>CA</State>
  <Zip>91362</Zip>
</Address>

If you looked at the web page (no URL available because it requires
a username/password login), there are fields that this data would be
typed in to fill out the page.  I have this file on the user's local
disk. My problem is to read this datafile and somehow enter it in the
web page, press the SUBMIT button, and check for the next page to
appear or errors to be returned.

Am I stuck with stuffing the keyboard buffer?  Yuck +9

-Hugh