[thelist] Headlines from evolt.org for March 29, 2001

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Fri Mar 30 10:06:17 CST 2001

wait. Maybe it *is* a frogdesign job??? I'll see if I can find out

tip called for

<tip type="frames and MacIE5">
IE5 for the Mac, while being a basically wonderful browser (relatively
speaking) does have an issue with borderless frames. Occassionally (or
often - depending on your system) a frame, or whole frameset will load
but not display - leaving you with a blank white rectangle where you
content is supposed to be. A refresh somtimes fixes it.. its really
weird.

with MacIE5 see: (these tests are designed to be hard work for the
browser.. you may crash. be careful)
<http://sam-i-am.frogdesign.com/testsuite/frames/nested_frameset/frameborder0/>

this will break (option refresh a few times if you have to -you'll see
that one of the nested frames doesn't show up - they should all have
that ruler image/background.)

<http://sam-i-am.frogdesign.com/testsuite/frames/nested_frameset/frameborder1/>
differs from the above *only* by setting frameborder="1". I can't get it
to break.

placing the frameborder attribute into the FRAME instead of FRAMESET
seems to help, but  I've seen this break too:
<http://sam-i-am.frogdesign.com/testsuite/frames/nested_frameset/frame_frameborder0/>

So my tip, or at least the best I have so far, is to minimize the number
of frames, and the depth you nest them.
</tip>