[thelist] php/mysql output to browser questions...

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Fri Mar 30 11:00:47 CST 2001

> C) determine the number of thumbnails returned and set the next cell's
>rowspan attribute accordingly

hi john

forget that -- just code rowspan="937" and all will be well

(you can code a rowspan greater than the actual number of rows, and all
browsers that i know of will extend that column to the end of the table)

>...I need to get the first image, then do the
> text, then do the rest of the images. How?

naw, don't do that

build a table with two rows, three columns

put a transparent gif(*) into row 1 column 1

put your text into row 1 column 2 with rowspan=2

put your links into row 1 column 3 with rowspan=2

in row 2 column 1, put a table

inside this table, loop through all your thumbnails, one per row

tada

(or, "ha ha" like that kid in the oreo cookie commercial)

rudy.ca

(*) use a 1x1 and set its height to 1, and its width as the minimum pixel
width that you want your thumbnail column to have

the table being liquid, lots of text in the middle column will force the
table to expand -- in your case with thumbnails they won't squish, but
often it's a nav bar and you may not want a lot of wrapping to occur here,
which is why a minimum width on that spacer image will keep this column
fixed