[thelist] cfmail (was: Formatting tips)

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Sun Apr 1 20:18:15 CDT 2001

Daniel Cody wrote:
> I would say anything over 50 emails in a batch constitutes 'large
> quantites'...

Yeah.. What he said.  About writing mail into the MTA queue.. It's the way
to go for sending large quantities of mail..  There's an EXCELLENT article
by Evolt's very own SGD on doing this with ASP...  It's written about ASP,
but the concepts apply to all languages.
http://evolt.org/article/n/17/3419/index.html

I wrote a CF custom-tag based on the article, in fact.  I'm in need of beta
testers, so if anyone wants to check it out, email me off-list and I'll send
it to ya..

BTW, I have read Dan's upcoming article (series, maybe?) on building a CF
bulk-mailer and I have to say that it is going to be a must-read for anyone
using CF to send more than a couple dozen emails at a time on a regular
basis (such as a newsletter)..

Regards,

Seth

Seth Bienek