[thelist] what do you use to create code from layout?

John Corry webshot at neoncowboy.com
Sun Apr 1 22:25:10 CDT 2001

I make my 'look' in illustrator and photoshop and stay in those worlds
throughout client comp phase. Once we have a design/interface we can marry,
I save as a .psd and go to Imageready for rollovers and optimization.

I like IR because it lets me specify that I want valid HTML (lowercase tags
an dattributes) and because I never took the tiem to get comfortable with
the FW interface...I'm sure its killer...I just haven't learned to use it as
quickly as I can IR.

Then I open the ugly HTML produced by IR in Homesite and start messing
around...taking out spacer images, re-doing cells to contain nested tables,
etc. After all that, I pretty much have a template that I can use on the
rest of the pages in the site.

So then, if its something simple that I just want to finish and get paid
for, I go to DW and add all my pretty, formatted content and css...or
(depending on how much I hate DW at the moment...it fluctuates) I just do
that in Homesite.

OF course...any php or javascript gets done in HS, unless its really wild JS
that comes canned in DW as a behavior...then I'll do that there.

sound liek a reasonable work flow?

no wonder I'm pulling out my hair...
jpc