[thelist] XSL: current node question

Mike Migurski mike at cloudfactory.org
Mon Apr 2 14:19:16 CDT 2001

<snip>
>PS. Your current xml isn't very extensible, e.g. what happens if you add
>'alice'? You've got to change your xsl to reflect it. You might be better
>off using xml like:
><root>
><person name="anne"/>
><person name="betty"/>
><person name="cindy"/>
></root>
>
>And xsl as
>
><xsl:template match="person">
>[more stuff here]
></xsl:template>
>
>Then you can add as many names as you like. Just a suggestion... Obviously
>this depends on what you want in [more stuff here] but ... it's up to you.

heh, funny you should mention that - that's the interim solution I ended
up using, and it turned out to be a lot more elegant than my original plan
request. However, there are still a few instances where I need to do the
kind of tag matching that I originally asked about.

still wrapping m head around the proper practices to use in these cases...
:)

thank you,
-mike.

                   michal migurski     mike at cloudfactory.org
                  tel:415.385.1993     AIM:migurski
    http://www.viberation.com/mike     ICQ:47513232
        We're lying in the gutter, but we're looking at the stars.