[thelist] Security Tip

Joshua OIson joshua at alphashop.net
Tue Apr 3 11:05:56 CDT 2001

In one case, we pull the filenames and path for the includes from a
database.  So, you are not able to trace the include files any further than
that.  And in the other case, if you try to actually *run* one of the files,
you'd be bumped by the top level application.cfm.    That's really what I
was talking about.  You may be able to trace the files and see the source,
which is a problem for intellectual reasons, but so long as there are no
passwords and obvious backdoors coded in there, you may be safe.

There are the times when helper applications, such as database servers,
inherently have holes, and the code may indicate that you use those
applications.  In that instance you have a risk of someone exploiting those
applications.

BTW, it's now patched.

-joshua