[thelist] [Fwd: "Dual-copyright/licensing" of your IP withOUT your permission]

scott.brady at homeqonline.com scott.brady at homeqonline.com
Tue Apr 3 12:32:01 CDT 2001

> 5.  *MOST IMPORTANTLY*:  Microsoft is currently the biggest lobbyist
> of the US government, and expends the most in legal costs of any
> American company.  Lawyers are difference between something just
> being just "unethical and not legally binding" and "unethical but
> quite legal binding and quite enforcable."

Ummm . . . he doesn't really provide much evidence for a lot of his "facts,"
does he?

This one seems to be the one that most needs some supporting information.  I
find it hard to believe that Microsoft is the "biggest" lobbyist, especially
considering how slow they were to even start getting involved in lobbying.

I'm not saying that he's wrong or that he's right, but I need evidence one way
or the other.  Otherwise, it seems like blind Microsoft-bashing.

Scott