[thelist] [Fwd: "Dual-copyright/licensing" of your IP withOUT your permission]

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Tue Apr 3 13:32:06 CDT 2001

Don Makoviney wrote:

> The fact that Microsoft is doing this first is no big deal.

I'd say its a big deal because so many people are already using the
passport enabled services.

> You must realize that ALL of the large platforms are going to be doing the
> same thing.

examples? does that make it OK to put that kind of draconian legalise on
what most people consider to be a free service, and what microsoft
itself is calling 'The Future of Computing'? since when did the future
of computing become about giving up personal rights?

> Everyone just likes to blame Microsoft.

i think its easy to blame them for things that they're doing *here and
now*.  there are legitimate reasons everyone likes to blame microsoft
from what i've seen in my casual observations.

.djc.