[thelist] [Fwd: "Dual-copyright/licensing" of your IP withOUT your permission]

Don Makoviney DonM at allensysgroup.com
Tue Apr 3 13:37:06 CDT 2001

That is a moot point on many fronts:

1. They have the most money. . .so proportionately it would make sense.

2. They are also getting sued the most. . . .so it also makes sense.
Considering the barrage of court cases against Microsoft over the past few
years, that is no surprise that their contributions have risen sharply.

3. Sun, Netscape(R.I.P), Oracle, and many others have done the same thing in
the past. How do you think they got the governments attention in the first
place to start suing the he|| out of them? There was an article about three
years ago that said that MS was severely LAGGING behind other soft money
conrtibutors like Oracle, Sun, and whatnot. Looks to me like they are just
playing a bit of catch-up.

DM