[thelist] Hiding CSS-related mark-up from non-CSS browsers

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 3 16:23:30 CDT 2001

> From: Paola Kathuria <paola at limitless.co.uk>
>
> Aardvark's got a nifty feature on his web site to allow people
> to enlarge/shrink text.  On Netscape 3, the options aren't
> visible (presumably because the font size is implemented by
> style sheets and not by in-page font tags).

ahhh... my font resizing tool... works independent of <font> tags,
although can easily be coded to include them with a global variable
(just never got around to doing it, and now that i don't use <font>
on my site, it seemed kinda pointless):

Give the User Control Over Your Fonts
http://evolt.org/article/v/22/253/index.html

> I'd also like to show some CSS-related mark-up but wonder
> if it's possible to achieve this using only CSS.  Is it?

good question... if it degrades to nothing, i'd just use it, but if it
involves displaying stuff that otherwise shouldn't display, you're
talking a bit higher level here...

in my tutorial, i use some basic browser checking to see if the user
has a >=4.x browser, so there's no CSS trickery there... sorry...