[thelist] what do you use to create code from layout?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 4 11:02:13 CDT 2001

> From: "Ron White" <ronwhite at members.evolt.org>
>
> I like the tag completion of HS, what don't y'all like about it?

been a while since i've used HS...

but when i'm typing in copy, or elements, i do the opening tag, the
content, and the closing tag... but in HS (or others) tag completion
automagically inserts the closing tag after my cursor, so when i get
to the end, i still have to take some action to get past it, whether
by arrowing, hitting something like 'end', or using my mouse to
move the cursor...

also, when doing tables, i indent how i like, so when i hit a hard
return, i want to be at the start of the next line, not tabbed in
because i just used a </td> on the previous line... so i have to stop
and untab/unspace...

for the most part, the editors have inadequate page opening tags...
no DTD, none of the meta tags i use, wonky order, gratuitous meta
and other tags...

that and i don't have time to customize the code completion
features, so i get capitalized tags, bad or missing attributes,
attributes in the 'wrong' order (i have a preferred order for most
attributes, so it's easier to code from the top of my head), bad
spacing/tabbing... etc...

not to mention it makes me become lazy... so many times i've had
to sit at the server at a client's and work in notepad, and it's easier
to have that be your default tool anyway, not looking an arse for not
closing a tag and all...