[thelist] Perl Regex

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Thu Apr 5 11:24:00 CDT 2001

This should work for you:

<CFSET STR = "Foo foo <title>This is the title</title> you blah">
<CFSET Title =
REReplaceNoCase(STR,".*(<[ ]*t[ ]*i[ ]*t[ ]*l[ ]*e>)([^>]*)(<[ ]*/[ ]*t[ ]*i
[ ]*t[ ]*l[ ]*e[ ]*)>.*","\2")>

It should check funky title tags like:   < Ti  tle>. However, it won't find:

<TI

..
</TITLE>

You can make that work by changing [ ]* to [ #Chr(10)#]*. That _may_ do it.
Actually, you may want to add the tab character in there as well.

As for the docs - In CF 4.01 the docs were _much_ better for CF's regex. I
don't have a URL handy, but I know you can find the 4.01 docs online.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email   : jedimaster at macromedia.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482