[thelist] SQL Prob. with ASP

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Fri Apr 6 02:22:08 CDT 2001

Hi folks,

I'm having a problem getting some records updated in my database.

Here's the code I'm using.

<code>

Set cnn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
cnn.open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=" &
server.mappath("/craftersshowcase/database/crafters.mdb")

For Each x In Request.Form

    If left(x, 7) = "LineID_" then
        varQuantity = trim(request.Form(x))
        varOrderDetailID = Replace(x, "LineID_", "")
 End If

Next

BuildSQL = "SET Quantity = " & varQuantity & " WHERE OrderDetailID = " &
varOrderDetailID & ""

SqlString = "UPDATE ItemsOrdered " & BuildSQL & ""
cnn.execute SqlString
</code>

Print out of the SQL returns this:

UPDATE ItemsOrdered SET Quantity = 5 WHERE OrderDetailID = 78

The error message I'm getting is this:

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1.
/craftersshowcase/updatecart.asp, line 29

Where line 29 is  cnn.execute SqlString

Quantity is a number
OrderDetailID is AutoNumber

I have tried this SQL instead, but I still get the same error.

UPDATE ItemsOrdered SET Quantity = '5' WHERE OrderDetailID = '78'

There are several other fields in the table.  (Does that matter? - I only
want to change this one value.)
There is another column containing OrderNo that is related to other tables.
Does that matter?

TIA,

Michele

*going to bed*