[thelist] SQL Prob. with ASP

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Fri Apr 6 14:15:01 CDT 2001

Hey Michele,

I was trying to sit back and let someone else answer this, but no one's hit
the nail on the head yet (though they've pointed out a few things that you
could do, it won't fix the error). But, then I got Dexter Disease and
couldn't help myself...

> Print out of the SQL returns this:
>
> UPDATE ItemsOrdered SET Quantity = 5 WHERE OrderDetailID = 78
>
> The error message I'm getting is this:
>
> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e10'
> [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1.
> /craftersshowcase/updatecart.asp, line 29
>
> Where line 29 is  cnn.execute SqlString

There's an error in your SQL. Usually, this error is because of a misspelled
column name (or any column name that doesn't really exist in that table).
So,

Are you sure that's the table you want to be dealing with?
Are you sure your field isn't named Qty rather than Quantity?
Are you sure you didn't make a typo when creating the fields in the
database?
Are you sure you didn't create a field named OrderDetail_ID instead of
OrderDetailID?

That kind of stuff.

HTH,

--