[thelist] CF: Oh No! CFserver Linux and Access?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Fri Apr 6 15:11:51 CDT 2001

>  You're best bet would be to go with MySQL or PostgreSQL
>  - in the long run, but I believe that converting the
>  Access database to DBASE, if the linux version supports
>  that, is probably the quickest.

>  Unless you're leveraging a lot of Access-specific
>  features, getting things running on another database
>  shouldn't be too bad..

Looks like I'm going with MySQL. If free, it runs on Linux, and
apparently there are a myriad of little utilities that can convert my
Access databases on the fly. I can tell you that I don't mind moving
away from Access, but it was a bit of a shock when it came time to do
the work.

The one thing you can count on in this business is that there will
always be a learning curve. Just for convenience, may I ask what URLs
you feel have the best info on Postgre?
--

"Fate is just the weight of circumstances."

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com