[thelist] png support in IE & NS

dover at chicks.dk dover at chicks.dk
Sun Apr 8 19:04:03 CDT 2001

Both!

Since the app. is to be used commercially, GIF is out of the question, so yes it's a legal issue.

Since i use the gd library for the image generation i can't use gif's cause there is no longer gif support in the gd library.

I found that jpeg's generated by gd have a lower quality than the png's so therefore i use png's.

And thanks to all the replies i have learned that the real problem wasn't the support for png's cause thats included from IE 4.04 and NS 4.0b1 and up. the problem was that i was referencing the pictures by a URL instead of with an image tag. that apparently causes IE problems (sometimes).

Better go to sleep, i'm ranting.

Mads