[thelist] JavaScript -- calculating & printing

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Mon Apr 9 17:14:24 CDT 2001

Hi Lon,

I think you're right with the onsubmit - if I had taken more time I probably
would have done things that way.

I'm not as sure about the focus/blur route ... [I'm fumbling 'cuz I wanna
bug out of here - got the focus working ... but not the blur ... tried a
couple of things ... not thinking straight ... maybe tomorrow.]

It's an interesting functionality -- and I do like the "onchange" for
drop-downs and (sometimes) radio buttons ... but sometimes I get cranky and
don't like things changing on me until I feel that I have all my input put
in ... "control issue"? ... maybe ...

Hi Jeff,

Yeah - feature/functionality, 'ease of use'/'flexibility', etc .... can be
an interesting tightrope to walk ... and one that often requires more
negotiation skills than coding skills to resolve.  {Which is a good reminder
since I'm eyeballs deep in one of these on another project at the moment!}

Peace!

RonL.