[thelist] png support in IE & NS

Cristian Secara secarica at fx.ro
Mon Apr 9 22:28:23 CDT 2001

On Sun, 8 Apr 2001 16:50:37 +0200, Philippe Jadin wrote:

>> I have just finished a little application where some graphics
>> are generated by PHP.
> ... or use jpeg. Some gd librairies allow you to do so.

It depends on what kind of images he generates.
The JPEG format is best for real-life pictures, not for
computer-generated images with large continuous areas (buttons, most
banners, screen snapshots, etc.).
Computer-generated images saved as JPG have a dirty look, have smeared
colors and are 2-4 times larger than the same saved as GIF or PNG.

Best wishes,
	Cristi