[thelist] Need suggested Site Mapping software

Simon at Sentient Technologies sentient at keysdigital.com
Tue Apr 10 08:37:50 CDT 2001

Hello all,

Recently a client asked if we could create
a new guide to the content in their members
area. It's a very large site, lots of pages,
and not well-organized. Someone could spend
months wandering around and still probably
not see everything that's there.

That's worked reasonably well for their member
retention so far, but now they'd like to do a
better job of communicating how much content
they have to offer.

The difficulty is that so many people have
added content in so many different ways and
places over several years that no one there
now really is sure what they have.

So here's my question:

Is there a great site mapping software program
that would help with this? Something that would
go through the whole members area and list out
everything that was there, preferably with links
to each page?

Any and all suggestions welcome,

Simon

Note 1: The content is all password protected on
Apache servers if that means anything. The client
is willing to put the whole members area on a
hard drive and give it to us, which should get
around the password problem.

Note 2: I'd prefer a program that runs on the Mac
platform but I can run it on a Windows machine if
needed.

Sentient Technologies - mailto:sentient at keysdigital.com