[thelist] Recommend a Server Side Language?

Ryan Mayberry Ryan at applicor.com
Tue Apr 10 08:50:10 CDT 2001

I've got to recommend ASP using VBScript. Mark, it sounds like you're
following the same learning curve I did. Having no prior programming
experience I found the ASP syntax to be very straight forward and easy to
learn. I wouldn't use ULTRADev or a similar app which generates the ASP, I
would just open up homesite and go code happy.

Use the following reference site... it has links to thousands of great
tutorials and examples majority with free source. Once you've gone over the
stuff covering connecting to a database and then adding, removing and
editing records in a database then you've got all basics to build virtually
anything you can imagine.

Aspin.com
http://www.aspin.com  <--- great ASP Resource

HTH..