[thelist] MySQL, Cold Fusion and Linux: Advice?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Tue Apr 10 17:53:57 CDT 2001

Alright, so I've learned to convert my MS Access into MySQL (detailed
tutorial in the works). There's a bug with cold fusion server,
insofar as using the MERANT MySQL driver doesn't really work
properly, and connect to the datasource.

There's a upgrade file called 'CFmysql15.so', but the Allaire site
provides no instructions for installation. Can anyone tell me just
where I should be placing this file on my RedHat Linux server?
Anything special I should know about permissions, etc...? Do I simply
need to place the file somewhere, does it need to somehow be
processed?

Any additional advice, tips or tricks on connecting to MySQL
databases with CF would be appreciated as well.
--

"Fate is just the weight of circumstances."

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com