[thelist] What would you do?

Paola Kathuria paola at limitless.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 19:51:32 CDT 2001

"Gina K. Anderson" wrote:
> None of my questions are "marketing" questions.

That's interesting; I think all of the questions you listed
are about marketing.

> I have tried to make it easy to fill out the form, mostly with radio
> buttons or check boxes, but there are a few "essay" questions ;) Here are some:
>
> 1. What is the purpose of the web site?
> 2. Who is/will be your primary site visitor?
> 3  Describe your company:
> 4. Are there any current activities done by you or your staff
>    that you would like to have accomplished by a web site?
> 5. Are there any specific colors you use [...]
> 6. What is the general mood of the site you would like to convey?

I realise that people have their own way of working and so
forgive this question, but is there any reason you're not
charging for working out these answers with your client?

Requirements-gathering is the bit I most enjoy about web sites
and it's often our first chargeable step (a competitor review
can happen first).  My reasoning is that a company goes to a
web person/company for their expertise, not just in web site
design and construction but in knowing how the web site can
support their day-to-day activities and generate income.

Paola