[thelist] Dreamweaver deletes my tags

Andy andrew.mcnabb at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 11 22:05:11 CDT 2001

I've experience a similar problem before.  Here are two possible solutions:

The Netscape resize fix script that ships with DW3 and DW4 has an error that
leaves a space in the closing comment tag - this can mess up the rest of
your markup.

On two occasions DW4 became so confused while I was hand-editing a table
layout, that it marked valid markup as invalid.  On the first I was forced
to revert to an old copy of the file and re-add the content.  The second
time, I was able to use the history pallete to undo the problem.

I know it's not much of an answer, but I hope it helps!

Andy

>>> John.Bedard at trw.com 04/11/01 01:10PM >>>
Can anyone tell me why Dreamweaver 4 deletes my </head> and <body> tags?
When I manually insert them back in, DW highlights them as invalid markup.

My files still display in the browser but I'm initializing a dropdown menu
in the body tag, so it doesn't fire off.