[thelist] Line Break Problem

Mike Cohen - Tabletools.com mike at tabletools.com
Fri Apr 13 10:35:03 CDT 2001

I'm taking data from our site and exporting it to CSV format to import into
other systems. I'm running into a problem when one of the fields, the
message field, has line breaks from people hitting enter after they type a
line when entering their message into a text area. How do you remove the
line breaks before insering the data into the DB or when exporting to CSV ?
Even if we could remove them in Excel after the import that would be good.
I'm using Cold Fusion on an Access DB and have tried the StripCR function to
no avail.

Michel Cohen
http://www.tabletools.com
888-211-6603