[thelist] PHP HTML library

Tobyn Baugher trb at cartoonviolence.net
Fri Apr 13 21:09:56 CDT 2001

I was wondering if there's a good PHP library to abstract HTML into PHP
objects. I'm tired of using my simple macro functions to generate code.

I'd heard about something of the nature of what I'm looking for, but I'm
having trouble finding one now that I need it. The ideal solution would be
something like the following:

$page = new CHtmlPage;
$page->style("norm");
$page->show();

Obviously a production library would be much more complicated than this, but
I'm tired of writing HTML code with print statements or a file full of
simple macro functions when I have a powerful language at my disposal that
could make my life easier, my code less buggy, and everything a WHOLE lot
more readable.

If one doesn't exist, I'm going to write one. Considering my laziness, it'd
be nice if one were already out there. If someone's started on one, I'd be
happy to finish it. Something like this would be invaluable in my work.

Thanks :)
Toby

--
Tobyn "trb" Baugher <trb at cartoonviolence.net>