[thelist] Rewrite rule "translator"

Philippe Jadin philippe.jadin at 123piano.com
Sun Apr 15 01:55:55 CDT 2001

> I'm not familiar with Zope, but I am with ColdFusion.  In ColdFusion you
> could do this by means of the cfhttp tag, which reads in the content of a
> page from *anywhere* in the internet and stores it into a variable.  Then
> you would output that variable to the user.  If Zope has a similar
function
> then you might be able to do something along those lines.

Zope does "a lot" more, the problem is that I only have apache running on
port 80.

So I only need a transparent bridge between port 80 and 8080. I though of a
rewrite rule. But I have no idea if this would be transparent to the user. I
mean, the use ask for page yyy.html, and he gets that page served through
apache (on port 80), but the content come from zope on port 8080.

Thanks for the help !

Philippe