[thelist] Use CSS to control appearance of list items

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 16 09:20:41 CDT 2001

>This seems to work just dandy for IE but... NN 4.7 (at least on Mac) does
>not seem to support the padding to control the space between the lines
>and... the bullets are no longer centered on the line item - are there
>workarounds for NetScape?

Add some BR's to the LI's.

>Also, am having problems in Netscape with using a .gif for the bullet
>instead of a standard disc. My style is as follows:
>
>{color: inherit;
>display: list-item;
>font-size: inherit;
>list-style-image: url(images/bullet.gif);
>list-style-position: outside;
>text-decoration: underline}
>

>What part of this style is not set correctly for Netscape???

Basically NN4 supports none of your declarations except for the
text-decoration. Inheriting is dangerous, list-style-position and -image are
not supported and neither is display: list-item (which, BTW, is not
necessary since it is the default for a LI).

For more info see http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/css2tests/

ppk