[thelist] Apache: index.cfm as directory default?

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Mon Apr 16 11:14:48 CDT 2001

Hey Frank -

I think someone else may have gotten to this already, but I'll put in my
two cents too :)

Frank wrote:

> a) The URL's appear to be case sensitive (they aren't on NT)

Yup, Unix is always case sensitive

> b) In the absence of an index.html page, apache seems to serve up the
> directly listing as opposed to choosing index.cfm. I've altered one
> file called /conf/httpsd.conf.def and changed the line from
> DirectoryIndex index.html to add [space]index.cfm but no go.

You've got the right idea, but Apache isn't taking your change because
its looking for httpsd.conf and not httpsd.conf.def(this is the
'default' config file for apache, and should only be used as a
guideline.). If you rename your httpsd.conf.def file to httpsd.conf, it
should pick up your change to use index.cfm as a directory index.

Shout if you have any other questions :)

.djc.