[thelist] [fwd] How do I get a search engine to add me to thesearch?

Marc Seyon seyon at carib-link.net
Mon Apr 16 12:20:25 CDT 2001

>DMOZ Rules!
>They have the largest most complete listing.

And unfortunately a following bordering on cultish which can lead to some
editors getting very competitive and useless.

>You want to be cautious when submitting though. It can be very difficult to
>change or add your site to other categories once you are listed.

That's cause the editor policies advise that sites shouldn't be listed in
more than two or three categories.

>  So plan ahead and be sure you are submitting to the correct category.

Or, *if you have genuine interest in the category*, sign up to be the
editor. Particularly useful if you're a developer who does lots of sites in
a geographic region, you can easily add/edit listings for your site in that
region.

Note on this so I don't get flamed by other editors, you should only do
this if you are honestly interested in the goal of the ODP, not solely to
forward your cause. This means you should actively list other people's
sites too, not just your own.

-marc