[thelist] Help - Database [OT]

Daniel S. O'Shea doshea at surfree.com
Mon Apr 16 17:30:10 CDT 2001

Help needed in database connectivity and queries using ASP and Access, or,
if advised, another database format. Also, applying mathmatical calculations
to the database for results. Had used the DB connector and .mdb in FP2000,
but have moved to Visual Interdev.  Reason for the database? Am a fantasy
football player and each league requires 4 hours of manual manipulation
preparation through Excel. Each of the 4-5 leagues I'm in requires that 4
hour preparation. Plus, the FP DB won't go as extensive as I'd like as I
want to implement the 'calulations'. This summer, I just don't want to go
through those hours when a database design will process it for me. Plus, I
am putting our local 'league' on the web this year and want to have a player
historical search as to how a player did against a certain team. Have all
the stats, just need the connection and put the queries together. I work in
ASP and prefer to keep it within that.

Anyone willing to walk me through it who has extensive knowledge? Willing to
pay for time in teaching.

Dan O'Shea
doshea at surfree.com

<tip>Common error in MS Frontpage - In normal view, and a table with
multiple cells, text or images in each cell do not run all the way over to
the right border even though it is butting up against the left border.
Problem? Place cursor in a cell, right click and click on 'cell properties'.
Uncheck 'Specify width', the text should now run from the left border to the
right border. If text does this in multiple cells, highlight all cells,
right click and go to 'Cell properties..' and uncheck 'Cell width..'</tip>