[thelist] iframe in netscape 6/mozilla

James Aylard jaylard at encompass.net
Mon Apr 16 21:16:31 CDT 2001

Alan,

> I'm running into a problem with iframes in Netscape 6/Mozilla.
>
> Whenever I place an iframe with a percentage height&width inside a <div>,
> it breaks.  More specifically, I see what appears to be an iframe of the
> proper width, but only a few pixels high.
>
> Examples. http://www.gliff.org/test/iframe.html

	Try setting height and width values for your div, or place some other
content within the div that will force the div to expand. Assigning
percentage values to an iframe and placing it in a div which has no fixed
dimensions or other content is a recipe for confusion. Apparently IE and
Opera make educated guesses as to what you intend by doing this, but my
assumption is that Netscape makes no such guesses and simply collapses the
iframe.

James Aylard