[thelist] [fwd] frame height across browsers

Elfur Logadóttir elfur at lists.evolt.org
Tue Apr 17 08:51:56 CDT 2001

From: <Ron_Senykoff at BEAEROSPACE.COM>

I missed the original (to quick on the delete button)

| <snip>
|
| problem is, netscape doesn't seem to respect the height's i've set: it
renders
|       the top frame 4px too short. (116px in netscape, 120 in IE, (and
i haven't
|       checked on a mac yet)). any thought's on this? in generally,
creating a
|       tight-layout frameset, and having it be consistent in height,
|       width, padding etc, seems almost impossible. any good tricks, ro
|       references, or best practicces?
| </snip>

if memory serves me correctly, netscape jumps on 5px when dealing with
frames (caveat, I haven't used them in a loooong time). Try setting the
height as 121 and see if it will be the same in both.(116 through 120px
would be the same width in NN and again 121-125px, etc.)

HTH
elfur
*the icelandic one*