[thelist] [fwd] frame height across browsers

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 17 10:04:31 CDT 2001

>| problem is, netscape doesn't seem to respect the height's i've set: it
>renders
>|       the top frame 4px too short. (116px in netscape, 120 in IE,

>if memory serves me correctly, netscape jumps on 5px when dealing with
>frames (caveat, I haven't used them in a loooong time). Try setting the
>height as 121 and see if it will be the same in both.(116 through 120px
>would be the same width in NN and again 121-125px, etc.)

No, the problem is that NN2-4 act very weirdly with frame dimensions. When
you set a frame width and height in pixels, Netscape first makes the
width/heigfht percentages and then pixels again.

Bottom line is that you cannot know in advance exactly how large a frame
will be in Netscape 2-4, so a design that hinges on a particular frame being
a particular size will fail spectacularly.

ppk