[thelist] quoting attributes was not filling total width

Tamara Abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Tue Apr 17 13:47:50 CDT 2001

At 07:26 PM 4/17/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>Confession time:
>
>I've been dabbling with PHP-Nuke (great open source dynamic site
>builder).

Tony,

I've been trying to learn php for several months now (the HWG is offering a course beginning April 30 and Hank will probably be a great instructor), and I've found with every single script I've used, such as php-nuke and assorted shopping carts, form validators, etc., I spend more time trying to figure out why the thing is doing . . .  than I would have spent just doing it myself.

So, I've probably got the ugliest code on the 'net, but I know what it does and I can change it when I need to because I wrote it, I commented it and I know it.

I really hate to re-invent the wheel, but those scripts out there are just too confusing for me to implement. I can alter cgi and javascript, but php just doesn't seem to cooperate.

So, I head back to Julie Meloni's book, the PHP4 Bible and, coming soon to my desktop, the Wrox book (now those books just /look/ intimidating).

My .02 anyway,
<t />