[thelist] quoting attributes was not filling total width

Tony Crockford tony at boldfish.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 14:18:30 CDT 2001

> I really hate to re-invent the wheel, but those scripts out
> there are just too confusing for me to implement. I can alter
> cgi and javascript, but php just doesn't seem to cooperate.
>
> So, I head back to Julie Meloni's book, the PHP4 Bible and,
> coming soon to my desktop, the Wrox book (now those books
> just /look/ intimidating).

I'm beginning to think that's the best approach!

I'm also working through: MySQL/PHP database applications by Greenspan &
Bulger (ISBN 0-7645-3537-4, which seems to get straight to the point of
what I'm trying to do.

PHP-Nuke was a shortcut to functionality (see
http://boldfish.co.uk/xebit/ ) but it only works in *new* browsers and
as you say it's real hard to work out what each bit of code is doing, so
I'm going to use what I've got as a base and code my own stuff (see you
again in a year or two.........)

Thanks again

Tony