[thelist] ASP IIS Memory Leakage

Ben Ewing bewi at haestad.com
Tue Apr 17 17:27:38 CDT 2001

Lets see.  We don't have any custom components.  We use one third party dll
from Software Artisans called SACheck.

I think the only non-server software running is the Innoculan virus
software.

The SQL Server database is on a separate win 2000 machine.

The inetpub and dllhost processes hog the processor when they spike in mem
usage.

I am not confident that we do not have any bad code.  We definitely have
connections that are not being closed and set to nothing.  I am fairly
confident that we do not have any infinite loops or hanging pages causing
the problem.

LIFO - Last In First Out.  I'm assuming this means that you remove the last
code added to see if things start working again.  We may have to resort to
that soon.

I'd be a lot happier if we could reproduce this problem on our test server.
Since we can't, I'm assuming it has to do with load.  We're looking into
load testing software now.

thanks