[thelist] PHP uploading images

Tamara Abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Tue Apr 17 18:48:13 CDT 2001

Hi all,

help! I'm trying to upload images to a web site and put the location in the db so it can print out purty pitchers for the catalog.

I was advised to create a new directory /above/ public_html, set the permissions to 777 so I can upload those purty pitchers.

But, now there is no such directory (yes there is -- I put it there).

So, I tried the cgi-bin (and quickly changed perms back to 755 when it didn't work) and, well, it didn't work. Yes, on my host, the cgi-bin is /not/ in public_html.

So, I tried putting the images in a folder in public_html and--yeah, didn't work.

I've been to php.net, phpbuilder.com, webmasterbase.com and, yeah, Meloni who is failing miserably on this.

Does anyone have an *aha* or *eureka* link to share with me? We must have pictures and from what I've read, blob in the MySQL db is not good.

Thanks,
<t />