[thelist] java help

sarah disaster7 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 09:55:22 CDT 2001

OK..I don't know Java that well, but I have to fix a
few things with some JSP code someone else wrote.
Here's what I need to do: There's data pulled out a
database and it is a string, and it might contain text
or it might contain a number. It loops through all the
data and I need to find the ones that are numbers and
round them to 2 decimal points and print them, and the
ones that are strings don't do anything and just print
them as well. Where I'm having trouble majorly is
converting data types. THe code already loops through
and prints stuff, so all I need to do is the number
check part.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Sarah