[thelist] Dreamweaver or NetObjects

Tobyn Baugher trb at cartoonviolence.net
Wed Apr 18 12:13:09 CDT 2001

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 09:57:54AM -0700, scott.brady at homeqonline.com wrote:
> In my experience, Dreamweaver only puts in font tags if you set a font
> attribute.  There are some quirks about it that can be frustrating,
> but the font tag isn't one of them if you avoid using the font tag
> yourself.

Aye, this has been my experience. I use CSS to handle all my font
attributes and I've never seen a font tag in my Dreamweaver-generated
code. Maybe I'm just lucky. That's on Dreamweaver 4 UltraDev, which I
use to generate all my prototype layouts before converting them to my
nifty PHP HTML classes (coming soon to a theater near you) :).

While we're on the subject of editors, I tried Homesite and found it to
be somewhat braindead in comparison to Vim. Am I missing something? I
don't care about having nifty tag listings (I've done this enough that
stuff is second nature by now) but I do want an editor that seems to
know what it's doing, and especially if it can handle PHP well.

Is there a site providing a good introduction to using it that could
maybe teach me ways of doing in Homesite what I can do in vi, did I just
not spend enough time with it, or is my background (largely *ix-based)
such that my editing style is just incompatible with the Homesite way of
doing things?

Always looking to pick up a new piece of software to add to the
repetoire,
Toby

--
Tobyn "trb" Baugher <trb at cartoonviolence.net>