[thelist] how did they hack my guestbook and who can I report them too.

Lisa Frost lisa at koolfish.com
Thu Apr 19 05:41:29 CDT 2001

I have a free dreambook guestbook on a personal site.

Some lovely person added a message which then refreshed the page and
redirected my guestbook to www.irchat.tv

When I looked at the page source they had written this:

URL=http://www.irchat.tv"></td>

I was able to remove it by removing the entry but even that was a pain as
when you went to dreambooks manage account, the delete entry page would also
refresh after just 1 second. I had to be very quick with the mouse on the
delete button!

To sign the guest book you just fill in a form so how did they embed the
refresh in the comments without it being seen on the screen.

More importantly is there any chance I can track the culprit down and I also
want to report irchat.tv.

I am not sure if this is OT or not so here is a tip:
<tip "type=DW4">
In layout view you can not click a table cell and drag it to a new position
with your cursor. To move the cell click on the border and use the arrow
keys. Holding shift whilst pressing the arrow keys will move it 5 pixels at
a time.
</tip>

Thank you

Lisa.