[thelist] Mac HTML for newbie

viveka me at karmanaut.com
Thu Apr 19 09:19:41 CDT 2001

At 10:01 AM -0400 19/4/01, Julia Frizzell wrote:
>He's a Mac person at heart, and not HTML-literate. [...] I'm looking
>for something that's not terribly expensive for him to start using
>to design his pages. It also has to be pretty simple for a novice to
>learn to use.
>
>So, any recommendations?

Hum. I'm a Mac Bbedit kid, and I really can't think of
anything much. Adobe GoLive I guess, I bet you
could get someone to sell you a copy second-hand
cheap, since Adobe bundle it with everything else
but no-one uses it much. Dreamweaver's the real
thing, but it assumes you have some idea about
HTML, kind of. Adobe PageMill would have been
about right, but I don't think it exists anymore.

Why not make him some templates, and set him up
a weblog, using one of the hosted services or my
favourite, Greymatter.
http://www.noahgrey.com/greysoft/

Regards,

V.