[thelist] [fwd] request for proposal deliverables for media design companies

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Thu Apr 19 10:29:36 CDT 2001

> - existing web site
> - branding strategy
> - target audience
> - detailed functional specifications
> - information over the backend prcess (InterShop)

expect them to question your strategy, and functional specs. A sucessful
design is built on these, and if they're any good they'll want to
confirm that they are solving the right problem before proceeding with
developing a solution.

Unless you are paying for the proposals, I'd expect a (attractive and
informative but) fairly cut and paste type document that details core
competancies, the kind of approach they would take, and highlights some
relevant portfolio work.
It should include draft/ballpark figures on time/costs, and outline the
kind of team that would be assigned to your project.

I've seen a few RFPs that expect significant creative work up front.
This is maybe the norm in other industries (eg architecture), not here.

hth
Sam