[thelist] logo delivery & bmp settings

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 19 12:57:37 CDT 2001

> From: "A. Erickson" <amanda at gawow.com>
>
> I'm just wrapping up a logo project and I wanted to double-check what
> I ought to send to a client.
>
> Here's what I'm thinking: an .eps with a few sizes of the logo
> included, a .psd just for the heck of it and a .bmp file for use in
> Word documents, power-points etc.

here's what i send out:

- an .eps with it in multiple formats:
	- black and white...
	- CMYK...
	- Patones (if necessary)...

- a .psd if it might get used for web, converted to RGB...

- a .wmf for MS Office on Windows users (it's a vector format)...

- any other formats they expressly specify...

> Does that sound good? What other information should I include with the
> logo?

is there a style guide?  did they pay for one?  otherwise, hand it
over with the appropriate CMYK/RGB/Pantone values they need...

> Also, I'm looking at the settings for .bmp and there's channel
> settings and whatnot -- anyone have any tips about how that
> works?

skip .bmp, you don't need it... but i believe channel settings
equates to bit-depth....