[thelist] .ART and AOL (ooops they did it again)

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.net
Thu Apr 19 13:05:57 CDT 2001

Recently, I got a .ART image attached to an email.  The sender insists that
the file was originally a .jpg.  I did some looking and it seems like AOL
converts images as it sends them.  As clients often send me images to use as
design elements on a page, this automatic conversion is problematic.  Is
there any way to force AOL to leave the images the h**l alone or convert
them back to something I can use once I get the images?

Thanks in advance.
-joshua