[thelist] PHP on IIS on a laptop with a mapped network drive...

John Corry webshot at neoncowboy.com
Thu Apr 19 17:22:20 CDT 2001

I'm mad as hell.

I can't seem to create a virtual directory under my default website...and
specify that the source is a folder on a mapped network drive. My PHP files
generate CGI errors about no returned headers. BUT, if I just drag the
folder into c:\inetpub\wwwroot...everything works. That sucks...because now
I'm dealing with multiple copies of files just to see my PHP output...

I want to be able to create a virtual directory from a folder on a mapped
network drive, go down to Borders with my notebook and code some PHP while I
drink a cappucino...any ideas why that won't work for me?

thanks,
jpc